geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Roadmap, tasks and things to do?
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2006 14:40:03 GMT
Here are a couple more:

Consolidate all our thread usage into a group of manageable thread
pools.  I'd like to see one unlimited one that all "long-running
server threads" (like the hot deploy directory monitor) pull from,
just so those can be tracked.  Then pools for WorkManagers, network
listeners, etc.  Of course, this means that our pluggable modules
(web, EJB, etc.) need to be prepared to use an external thread pool...

Provide a more intelligent Keystore service that tracks available
keystore(s) and can issue SocketFactories (or the NIO or J2SE 5
equivalent) preconfigured with the certificates it needs.  That way
all the different modules don't need to be separately configured with
the keystore password, etc.

Support for the multiple-protocols-over-one-port network listener that
Hiram put together.

A configuration option that would prevent an application from seeing
resources, EJBs, etc. in any other application (e.g. only stuff in
itself or top-level in the server).

JSR-77 statistics support for most of the server.

A standalone JSR-88 JAR (meaning, it actually includes all the other
modules' code it needs in its own JAR).

Complete JSR-88 DConfigBean support (presently we have only
connectors, and not much of the GUI support for them at that).

A JDBC network wrapper allowing a remote client to access a JDBC pool
running in the server (I think WebLogic and OC4J have this).

Support for running more than one instance of Geronimo out of the same
installation (multiple /var directories, perhaps with one parent
ConfigStore in the main installation for the core code and one child
ConfigStore in each /var for the individual instances).

Full XDoclet and Ant support.

Continued performance improvements.

J2SE 5 support.

Aaron