geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <>
Subject Re: jms connection factory lookup from the standalone client
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 00:03:33 GMT
Is this a J2EE application client (using the client container) or a
"plain Java" standalone client?  If you have a J2SE client I don't
think there's any way to access JMS or JDBC resources in JNDI; for an
application client using the client container I believe you can
essentailly deploy the JMS resource group as part of your client
application deployment plan so it runs in the client environment, but
I haven't worked through this myself.

On 1/24/06, Simon <> wrote:
> I'm trying to lookup jms connection factory from the standalone client. I
> can not figure out how to specify jms connection-factory jndi name in my
> client. I looked at the active-mq website but their instructions did not
> work for me. Any suggestions?
> Simon

View raw message