geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: JMS documentation update
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:16:02 GMT
Hernan,

I now see the download link to the RAR and EAR files, which I believe
improves the usefulness of the document.

However, I have some issues with this RAR:

1) There is no license in the ra.xml
2) It is not clear where the source code is (if indeed it is available)
3) It uses the org.apache.geronimo package, but it is not actually
part of Geronimo, nor is the code hosted at Apache at all as far as I
know
4) The documentation is not clear that this is a 3rd-party RAR, it
actually makes it seem kind of like part of Geronimo
5) The config-property/description elements in ra.xml do not contain
any helpful descriptions.  The JMS configuration features in the
console rely on these, so if you can put a detailed description in
there for each config-property, it will be possible to configure JMS
resource groups for this RAR in the console.

I would be much more comfortable if you changed the package name used
by the code, and called the whole thing something less like
"gerjms.rar" and more like "external-jms-for-geronimo.rar".

Finally, the article has a very small section on ActiveMQ, but does
not actually give any hints or examples on how to configure JMS for
ActiveMQ.  If the title of the article is not going to be "Using 3rd
Party JMS Providers with Geronimo" then I think it ought to cover
configuring connection factories and destinations for ActiveMQ with at
least the same level of detail as it covers configuration for MQseries
and OpenJMS.

Thanks,
   Aaron