geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <>
Subject Poll: Resolve configId Versions for 1.0.1
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 19:52:35 GMT

There was some IRC talk but not a lot of list response to the configId
versioning issue.  Right now, it's kind of holding up 1.0.1 IMHO
because I can't support releasing 1.0.1 until we resolve the
compatibility issue somehow, and there's going to be a fair bit of
work to get it going one way or another.  Anyway, for the 1.0.1
release, please indicate your preference for:

[ ] Change all configIds to 1.0 even though it's the 1.0.1 release
[ ] Change all references to use no version and make that work
[ ] Something else (please explain)

For the second option, that means the configId for module would still
be geronimo/foo/1.0.1/car but any parentId, import, or GBean reference
would look like this:

That is, the version would be omitted from the reference, and we'd
somehow interpret that to mean "whatever version is present" or "use
most current version".  You still *could* use a specific version, we'd
just emphasize the version-less option for maximum compatibility.  I
think this alternative would require more work but might be a better
fit for a long-term strategy.

View raw message