geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <>
Subject Re: Geronimo Community
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 03:30:36 GMT
On 1/22/06, David Jencks <> wrote:
> Speaking of which, ... I seem to recall a long time ago you
> mentioning the idea of supplying a portlet app for each component and
> plugging it into the admin console.  I think J2 in geronimo will now
> support deploying portlet apps more or less dynamically, although I'm
> not yet happy with exactly how this is happening.  However, I'm not
> sure how to extend the portal itself based on adding a portlet app,
> nor do I have any idea what else in the portal needs changing when a
> component "registers".  Are we at a point where talking about this
> makes sense?

I really don't have time for that one right now -- perhaps in a month
or two.  If you get J2 well integrated, that would be a great first
step.  Next, we could think about some kind of deployer that would
kick in for web apps that have a portlet.xml, though it would have to
"deploy" by just making the portlets available to the portal, and
you'd presumably still need to go into the portal admin GUI and create
pages and layouts containing the new portlets.

View raw message