geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Geronimo Community
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 02:09:30 GMT
OK.  I've been quiet about mine because if I describe it then Alan
will say it's a new feature, whereas if I just check it in with a
couple JIRA references then it'll probably slide as a bug fix.  :)

Anyway, I'm working on a new JMS portlet.  It's going to work
similarly to the DB pool and security realm portlet, except I've
finally decided to break it up onto smaller action handlers instead of
just having one gigantic portlet.  The JMS one is a little more
complex because you can have both connection factories and
destinations in the same configuration, and you can have more than one
of each, and also you may reasonably want to use a RAR other than our
default.  But I think the feel will be similar when finished.

On the bug fix side, I had to disable big chunks of the current JMS
destination portlet for 1.0, and the connection factory one isn't very
satisfactory but probably isn't terribly broken other than hardcoding
the plan format and RAR reference and object names and so on.  OK,
that's pretty broken.  But really, the destination one was worse.

On the feature side, it's more code than you'd see in a traditional
bug fix, but hey, it's only the console.  :)

Anyway, since you wrote this note without actually describing what
you're up to, what are you up to?

Thanks,
    Aaron