geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject EJBs with local-jndi-name
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:53:36 GMT
All (and David Blevins in particular),

Currently we let you set both a jndi-name and local-jndi-name on an
EJB (and I assume each only works if the EJB has the corresponding
interface).

It's pretty clear that the jndi-name can be used by an application
client that wants to look up and invoke the EJB via its remote/home
interfaces.

I don't see how the local-jndi-name can be used.  Since we removed the
"global JNDI space" on the server side, I think all JNDI access is
effectively remote, and therefore you couldn't talk to the EJB through
its local/local home interfaces.  Is that right?  Should the
local-jndi-name element be deprecated and/or removed?

Thanks,
    Aaron