geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: geronimo-web.xml, container-config, container-specific namespaces
Date Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:39:05 GMT
In my personal experience, any machine in a cluster is fully in a
cluster -- I haven't seen something like 10 machines running 1
clustered app and then each running something else on the side.

However, it is kind of nice in WebLogic that you can deploy to either
a cluster or a single machine.  I would lean toward that kind of
approach.  You set up clustering at the server level, and then each
application can either be deployed to individual servers or to the
cluster, but if you don't set up clustering at the server level,
there's no cluster to deploy to and you have to deploy to individual
servers.   (There's plumbing in our deployer so it could support that
kind of approach.)

Aaron