geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Aaron Mulder <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: geronimo-web.xml, container-config, container-specific namespaces
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 19:24:22 GMT
Yeah, I was going to say, let's merge the manager and session-manager
elements from the 2 separate plans into a single session-manager
element in the geronimo-web plan.  Though it looks like one takes a
class name and the other takes a GBean name, so we'd have to figure
that out.  I assume that the combined element should take a class name
and then we can have a "delegating" implementation of that class that
references a GBean instead, but then we have to figure out which GBean
to point it to...  And I also don't know what to say about the GBean
that you only want to start if the app runs in Tomcat (but is there a
reason not to include that GBean in a separate Tomcat or Tomcat
Clustering configuration instead of in the application itself?).

Jules, can you suggest what the common schema elements would look like
if we were going to put only one set of configuration information into
the generic geronimo-web.xml plan, and then have both Jetty and Tomcat
read the same configuration information from there?

Thanks,
    Aaron