geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: using Java 5 for java.util.concurrent & annotations and then generating 1.4 compliant jars?
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 00:05:08 GMT
I would love to start using Java 5 as soon as possible.  I have been
using the backport-util-concurrent package for a while in xbean and
the Java 5 interfaces are really nice to use.  Above all other
features, I would love to have generics support in geronimo.
Generics give me much more data when creating collections in the IoC
code.  Right now, the collection creation code I have is very dumb
since it must assume that a collection can contain any object.

-dain