geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From James Strachan <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: JMS Clustering in Geronimo v1
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2006 01:33:08 GMT
On 13 Jan 2006, at 06:39, Dave Colasurdo wrote:
> I'm wondering what claims *Geronimo v1* can make concerning JMS
> clustering.  I do see that ActiveMQ makes quite a few claims around
> clustering though am wondering exactly which capabilities are
> leveraged/relevant to Geronimo v1?
>
> Clustering/failover of message brokers?
> If so, where is this setup and where is the failover decision
> making done?
>
> Queue Consumer Clusters?
>
> Message Failover?
>
> Other?
>
> Do the messaging applications require any awareness of the
> clustered environment or is it transparent?
>
> Has anyone tested any of these scenarios using Geronimo v1?  :)

ActiveMQ has all of those features; they are all done by the ActiveMQ
broker.
http://activemq.org/Clustering

Unfortunately right now the integration of ActiveMQ into Geronimo is
done via a few really basic GBeans which don't have the capability to
configure all the clustering & failover options in ActiveMQ broker.
Today the simplest option is just to run the ActiveMQ broker outside
of Geronimo and just use the JMS client / JMS Resource Adapter / RAR
inside Geronimo. However as we integrate the latest 4.x of ActiveMQ
into Geronimo we hope to address this to make things fully
configurable from inside Geronimo

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/