geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo Specs 1.1-SNAPSHOT
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2006 19:51:04 GMT
On Jan 28, 2006, at 10:57 AM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> I've updated the trunk of Geronimo Specs to 1.1-SNAPSHOT.  The
> thinking is that we update the versions of all the spec jars in
> tandem.  The rational for that is that end developers will not want
> to pick and choose what got updated in our collection of spec jars
> but, instead, will just want the latest and greatest version for
> the entire set.

IMO a more important reason is that we are aggregating all the specs
into an uber-spec-jar that contains everything.  In order for this
jar to have a meaningful version all the things of which it is built
have to have the same version.  In any case, I certainly agree this
is the right thing to do.

thanks
david jencks