geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build Failure
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 14:43:59 GMT

On Jan 18, 2006, at 4:46 AM, Ryan Thomas wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> I gave that a go and I had the dependencies in my project.xml file.
> Manually updated cvs and ran maven, only to get the same error.
>
> Where about's would this file be in my repo (and what file is it?)?
> I'm new to maven - hence the q's!

Ryan,
look in ~/.maven/repository/geronimo-spec/jars/geronimo-spec-
corba-2.3-rc4.jar for the file.

I'm a little curious about the problem you're having. In your
original post, you reported the following errors:

Ryan Thomas wrote:

> Hey,
> I've seen this in the archives and on google but I couldn't find a
> solution for it.
> When building on my powerbook (jdk 1.4.2) I get the following
> error  (from the 'maven new' command).
> Anyone got any ideas?
> Maven Output:
>     [javac] Compiling 638 source files to /Users/ryan/dev/geronimo/
> openejb/modules/core/target/classes
>     [javac] /Users/ryan/dev/geronimo/openejb/modules/core/src/java/
> org/openejb/corba/MinorCodes.java:47: package
> com.sun.corba.se.internal.orbutil does not exist
>     [javac] import com.sun.corba.se.internal.orbutil.ORBConstants;
>     [javac]                                          ^
>     [javac] /Users/ryan/dev/geronimo/openejb/modules/core/src/java/
> org/openejb/corba/security/ClientSecurityInterceptor.java:54:
> cannot  find symbol
>     [javac] symbol  : class TAG_CSI_SEC_MECH_LIST
>     [javac] location: package org.omg.IOP
>     [javac] import org.omg.IOP.TAG_CSI_SEC_MECH_LIST;

ORBConstants should be in your JRE classes.jar (e.g. /System/Library/
Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Versions/1.4.2/Classes/classes.jar). Are
you sure Java 1.4.2 is being used by Maven?)

Your other errors are consistent with the build error described by
Matt and David.

--kevan