geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Manu George <manu.t.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regd OpenEJB
Date Mon, 09 Jan 2006 13:07:08 GMT
Hi ,
          I am also not sure if this is a safe behaviour or even whether the
ejb spec requires it. I have seen in a particular sun forum that the pk
should not be part of any relation.
I have put the link below
http://archives.java.sun.com/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0203&L=ejb-interest&F=&S=&P=22402
.
If this is true then there is no issue at all with the existing code but I
am not sure whether this is true as in some containers like Websphere this
is allowed.  I went through the parts of the specs mentioned in the posting
quickly but it didn't resolve my doubts.

Another Issue that pops up if we allow to set the foreign key field is in
the ejbPostCreate if the bean provider tries to set the cmrField the
container will set the fk automatically and thereby try to change the PK
which should not be done once an ejb is created.  So there also we need to
add certain checks.

All these points together tend to confuse me on what the actual behaviour
should be. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Manu