geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: web clustering componentization
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 10:20:12 GMT
James Strachan wrote:

> On 30 Jan 2006, at 09:13, Jules Gosnell wrote:
>
>> James Strachan wrote:

>>> WADI is doing this for web only; the Session API is designed as a
>>> client API to use for OpenEJB, Lingo, ServiceMix, Tuscany et al.
>>> i.e.  the containers would use the API directly.
>>>
>> err - wrong :-)
>>
>> WADI already has various tier-independant abstractions and a  partial
>> working OpenEJB integration )for SFSBs - Gianny Damour
>

> Where does this live? Its news to me.

Gianny Damour has been working on it.

On the WADI side, our Contextualiser interface now takes a tier
independant InvocationContext object and we have a WebInvocationContext
impl.

I think that the rest of it is checked into the Geronimo repo - see
./openejb/modules/core/src/java/org/openejb/cluster - Gianny has an
EJBInvocationContext etc...

I know that Gianny has successfully migrated SFSBs from one node to
another, but I'm not sure how far he has got with client side proxies
etc... which have been discussed in various clustering threads on
geronimo-dev. I am pretty sure that I have mentioned the WADI/OpenEJB
integration before on geronimo-dev. WADI is definitely suggested as one
possible solution for SFSBs in the clustering doc that I posted recently....

>> ) and I am talking to Rajith Attapattu about Sessions for a number
>> of Web Service transports. So, I think we need to figure out how to
>> draw these two divergent threads together. I will look more closely
>> at your API and consider how WADI might implement them.
>>
>> Long-term, I intend for WADI to converge closely with ActiveSpace.
>> Are you intending to use this Session API with AS ? or do you have
>> other plans ?
>

> I'm not really considering distributed caching or POJO abstractions
> to distributed programming in this thread; its a completely different
> problem.

 From Dain's posting my understanding was that your API was for
clustered sessions - maybe it is just for any Session ? If so, no
problem, I just need to understand what it is intended for so that WADI
can do the right thing. I have posted details of AS/WADI synergy on
another thread...

Jules

> James
> -------