geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: web clustering componentization
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 09:13:52 GMT
James Strachan wrote:

> On 27 Jan 2006, at 18:54, Jules Gosnell wrote:
>
>> James Strachan wrote:

>>> How about just implementing the Session APi directly using WADI? :)
>>

>> That's something that we could look at. I'd be interested to hear
>> you plans for actually integrating the sessions with some container
>> (web, ejb, etc...) as well - WADI is already doing this.
>

> WADI is doing this for web only; the Session API is designed as a
> client API to use for OpenEJB, Lingo, ServiceMix, Tuscany et al. i.e.
> the containers would use the API directly.

err - wrong :-)

WADI already has various tier-independant abstractions and a partial
working OpenEJB integration )for SFSBs - Gianny Damour) and I am talking
to Rajith Attapattu about Sessions for a number of Web Service
transports. So, I think we need to figure out how to draw these two
divergent threads together. I will look more closely at your API and
consider how WADI might implement them.

Long-term, I intend for WADI to converge closely with ActiveSpace. Are
you intending to use this Session API with AS ? or do you have other plans ?

I will post a thread today detailing how I think WADI and ActiveSpace
might fit together...

Jules

>> Did you have a route in mind ?
>

> See http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/trunk/modules/session/
> src/java/org/apache/geronimo/session/package.html
>
> or if you've a sucky email program
> http://tinyurl.com/b4mly
>
> James
> -------