geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject How standalone should the javamail package be?
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 17:47:16 GMT
How much attention should we be placing toward keeping the javamail code
self contained?  Currently, the javamail code has a dependency on 3 jar
files (the activation and javamail specs, plus the javamail-transport
jar for the transport implementations).  While working on the SMTP
authentication support, I needed a Base64 encoder/decoder.  There
happens to be one in org.apache.geronimo.util.  However, using that
introduces another jar dependency on this package.  Should we avoid
doing that, at the cost of having duplicate copies of some classes?  I
can easily see these sorts of dependencies growing in order to complete
the MimeUtility class.

Rick