geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Roadmap, tasks and things to do?
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:37:45 GMT
Hi All,
it wouldn't be me if I don't mention DOCUMENTATION. :)

Following your request of not talking about any supporting technology I will still focus on
the need
for finishing the product documentation, let's call it "Users Guide". New contributors joining
the
team could certainly invest some time in sharing with the community (documenting :) ) their

knowledge and code contributions.

Some time ago there was a discussion about having committers for not just code development.
I think
that independently of how we will end up supporting the project's documentation we will have
provide a process for updating and maintaining the documentation, something similar to what
is in
place today for code updates (contributors/committers).

There is a voting on the way that finishes today for what technology to use for supporting
the
documentation. I believe this is a good time to start thinking about how to implement the
product's
documentation process and how to keep that documentation alive.

New code releases will be out soon, the sooner we have this process sorted out the better
chances to
have a matching documentation for each release.

I am also planning to create (pls. need contributors) a "Developers Guide" with all the "goodies"

you need to know about how to customize Geronimo so you (ISV, developer....) can build your
own
solution based on Geronimo. Comments on this idea are welcome as usual :).

Cheers!
Hernan