geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Roadmap, tasks and things to do?
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 15:03:44 GMT
Some web console/portal items:

o Support competing Portal servers (JetSpeed, Pluto Simple Portal,
others?)... Pluto would be great for those needing a very lightweight
Portal server.  I see this similar to multiple Web Container support.

o Remove embedded Pluto Portal Server in console provide external
dependency for "a Portal" (could be any of those from the previous item).

o Pluggable console component structure so that the admin functions are
only included if the managed component is included in the assembly (ex.
only include EJB management if an EJB container is included).

o Role based authorization for individual console activities (not just
one size fits all).

o Clean up admin portlets for programming best practices.

o Extend console to keep up with new features (mgmt. of Portal Appls.,
clusters, etc...)

o Web Console configuration for clustered environment (one console with
remote management?)

o Greater use of AJAX for more interactive admin on the console.

Joe

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn at earthlink.net