geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Rick McGuire <rick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: POP3 and IMAP support
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2006 10:15:46 GMT
Bruce Snyder wrote:
> On 1/4/06, Rajith Attapattu <rajith77@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1341?page=all
>>
>> Thanks Bruce,
>>
>> Looking forward for your comments !!!
>>

> My apologies for taking so long ot get this committed - I've been
> under water until this week. At any rate, Rajith, I didn't compare the
> code to the Geronimo coding standards
> (http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/CodingStandards) but at a glance it
> looks pretty good.
>
> The one question I have is about tests - are there any? If not, please
> start writing some ;-).

One of the problems with POP3 (or SMTP) tests is the dependency on a
mail server for running the tests.  I've not figured out how to set
things up to allow for that.  Authentication tests are particularly
difficult, since each type of authentication may require changing the
target server configuration.

Rick