geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <>
Subject Re: Geronimo Community
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:24:03 GMT

I agree with your assessment in the first paragraph.  I think the idea of
communicating intent and ideas is what we are trying to do to build the
community.  If people aren't communicating they are not really being part of the
community process.  Perhaps your comments serve as a gentle reminder to us all
to remember to communicate.  I think recent issues like the confusion in WADI
could have been avoided if there had been more discussion on the list so people
were aware of the planned changes.  I know its faster to write code than e-mails
so not communicating is a temptation we need to avoid.

Thanks for the reminder.

David Jencks wrote:
> in my understanding of "the apache way", one of the important
> principles is that all decisions happen on the mailing list.  To me,
> for Geronimo, that means that if you are working on a feature more
> complex than a simple bug fix, you describe it in general terms in an
> email to the dev list or in a jira entry.  While I try to follow this  I
> know I often fail and would appreciate reminders when I do.
> When I don't see this happening, for Geronimo code or for code in
> projects that are supposed to be on the way into incubation as  Geronimo
> sub projects, I get worried and wonder how long the project  will survive.
> Comments?
> thanks
> david jencks

View raw message