geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Anders Hessellund Jensen (Trifork)" <...@trifork.com>
Subject Re: CORBA incubation proposal
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 13:09:50 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
> Its name isn't CORBA Server.  It is being characterized as a CORBA
> server, which IIUC is perfectly legal.

I understand it differently. In the "Proper usage of OMG trademarks and
logos" section, it specifically states:

Do not use OMG Marks as all or part of a product name or in or on any
product, packaging, labels, advertisements, press releases, marketing
materials, web pages, trade show materials, or any other materials.

Thus, IIUC, we are not allowed to characterize our product as CORBA
anything, unless we get permission.

Perhaps we should submit a request for use on the CORBA trademark. Since
we are a non-profit organisation we may get a permission to use the
CORBA trademark for free.

Regards,
Anders