geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: New Geronimo Website
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:42:47 GMT

I agree that we should get this implemented as soon as possible and then
continue to tweak things to clean it up.

I also agree with Hernan that we need some better organization of
content.  Here are some comments that I included in the thread back in
early December when we first began to discuss the updated web site.

"I really like the tabs both on the bottom and the top of the banner,
but I think we need some criteria for what would get a tab on the bottom
vs. on the top vs. on the left or right of the main page.  In the
mock-up there is a lot of duplicate links in these areas.  Perhaps some
general guidelines like:

- "documentation/information" types of links on the right,
- process/community links on the left,
- primary Geronimo page views in the lower banner tabs (downloads,
subprojects, etc...)
- and perhaps action types of links on the top (email Geronimo, open a
problem, etc...).

These categories for the areas are just an initial suggestion - I'm sure
there are better organizations that others can recommend."

Thanks for another great set of proposals Epiq team!!!!

Joe

--
Joe Bohn
joe.bohn at earthlink.net