geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Virtual Hosts
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 20:39:10 GMT

David Jencks wrote:

> To clarify, the tomcat and jetty interpretations of the multiple virtual
> host elements in an ejb web service plan are completely unrelated:
> -- jetty: the vh elements are actually used as virtual host names
> -- tomcat: the first vh element if present is used to find a tomcat host
> object, whose name has nothing to do with any aliases/virtual host names.

I don't agree here.  According to the Tomcat doc, the Host name is
"Network name of this virtual host, as registered in your Domain Name
Service server."  So it is a virtual host name.  Where I think where the
code can be expanded is searching the alias name for a match in case the
name is not the same as the VH.  This is probably a good thing to add.

Jeff