geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <>
Subject Re: -1 on checkin of 368344 was Re: [wadi-dev] Clustering: WADI/Geronimo integrations.
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:56:25 GMT
Jacek Laskowski wrote:

>2006/1/16, Jules Gosnell <>:
>>I crafted my last change to make as few alterations to 1.0 as possible.
>>It was called 'unacceptable', as far as I can tell, because it did not
>>go far enough. Now we are saying that we only want minimal change
>>between 1.0 and 1.0.1.... - so what is it to be ?
>>A clearly defined subset of WADI fnality will 'work' by the time 1.0.1
>>is released. If we work towards the necessary integration now, then we
>>will have a while to discuss it and get it in, if we don't, then it will
>>again be termed too precipitous, we will miss 1.0.1 and the current
>>fragmented approach to web clustering will persist in Geronimo,
>>impacting on a growing number of users.
>Hi Jules,
>I'm a complete newbie in the area of clustering, but the discussion
>has kept me thinking about its merit and influence on the current
>codebase. Would you please point out the revision number where I could
>look at and judge yourself how much impact it could incur? Is r368344
>the revision to look at?

You will see very little in the change itself. I just integrates some
other code (WADI -, an HttpSession (in this case)
clustering solution.
The change should have no impact unless the <distributable/> flag is set
in a webapp's WEB-INF/web.xml, in which case it endeavours to set up a
parameterisable SessionManager within the webcontainer (Jetty or Tomcat).

>Jacek Laskowski

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell
 * Partner