geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff Genender <jgenen...@apache.org>
Subject Re: -1 on checkin of 368344 was Re: [wadi-dev] Clustering: WADI/Geronimo integrations.
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 04:27:20 GMT
Lets make something clear here...

There are two facets of clustering in Geronimo right now. WADI and
Tomcat clustering.  The Tomcat clustering uses the Tomcat clustering
objects and GBeans and they work and have been tested including a full
howto in Confluence:

http://opensource2.atlassian.com/confluence/oss/display/GERONIMO/Geronimo+Clustering+Example

I am completely open to making WADI available in 1.0.1, and will be
happy to go along with it being a 1.1 release if that is consensus.  I
support it in its entirety and where needed.

But I do not believe the Tomcat objects should be removed and should be
categorized differently, as these have been confirmed as working and
ready for use.  So when we talk about clustering, I think we need to be
more succinct in stating which clustering we are talking about.

Jeff