geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Re: -1 on checkin of 368344 was Re: [wadi-dev] Clustering: WADI/Geronimo integrations.
Date Sat, 14 Jan 2006 11:46:36 GMT
OK, Folks - here is how I see it -

Everyone knows that they are right and the other guy is wrong.

Result - DEADLOCK - everyone loses.

Solution - release locks, back off, coordinate, retry.

Releasing locks involves us all making concessions :

I suggest -

Jan, Greg and I conceded that Jeff could have been more involved in
discussion before this change went in.
Jeff concedes that Jan, Greg and I should have been involved in
discussion before he backed the change out.
We all agree to overlook all current technical differences.
We all agree to put aside whatever bad feelings may have arisen from
this incident.

OK - locks released, backing-off complete.

Now, coordination :

WADI side :

I will downgrade the log.info to a log.debug
I will remove the axion dependency.
I will resubmit the change as a patch to Jan and Jeff.

Jetty/Tomcat side :
Jan and Jeff will take this patch, and all relevant input.
If they feel that they need further discussion, they will have it.
They will implement a simple, unified solution to the issue for all
existing cases and get it in to Geronimo 1.0.1

I simply want a speedy, painless resolution so we can continue forward.

If everyone else is happy with these terms, then here is my '+1'

Jules

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell
 * Partner