geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Bartel <j...@mortbay.com>
Subject Re: -1 on checkin of 368344 was Re: [wadi-dev] Clustering: WADI/Geronimo integrations.
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2006 14:46:08 GMT
Jeff,

I really can't understand your -1, let alone the backing out of
the changes, nor all of the hullabaloo.

It is quite straightforward:  in 1.0 WADI did not work in Tomcat
nor Jetty. Unfortunate and disappointing, but true. Period.

We have made minimal changes to make it work in the 1.0.1 bug-fix release,
and started to move us toward a container-based configuration solution
(which all of us agree on) instead of a per-webapp configuration solution
(which all of us agree is not desirable). So we are actually all in
agreement!

There is much more work to be done on the architecture as we all
know, but that is something for a 1.1 release, not another rushed
solution for the 1.0.1 bugfix release (and rushing is what caused
us both to miss the 1.0 deadline).

I really feel you have attacked me inappropriately and quite wrongly
over this Axion jar issue. You said:

> Greg, based on the fact that I -1'd Jan's inclusion of Axion on 1/5, and
> it was never tended too, am I to believe the same would have occurred
> here?  If you think I should have waited a few days, then perhaps I
> could have.  But based on past history with you guys and handling -1s, I
> don't think it was unreasonable for me to think that you weren't going
> to remove it.  Its now a full week (1/5-1/12) after the -1, and it has
> not been removed.  How long is a reasonable time to wait for you to back
> out -1s?

If you check the SVN log you will find this:

r366693 | janb | 2006-01-07 09:19:14 +0100 (Sat, 07 Jan 2006) | 2 lines
removing axion and special activemq wadi versions and therefore jgenenders' codehaus repository
from repo list

I did this shortly after I replied to your email of 6th January. Here is what I
said to you:

   Jeff,

   Thanks for that, I will remove the unnecessary ones. I wasn't
   sure whether the activemq WADI version was needed or not, so
   thanks for clarifying that.  I will fix up Geronimo tomorrow.

   cheers
   Jan

And I did exactly just that - removed Axion (and the WADI-3.2 of activemq).

So can we just leave the accusations aside, put the code back in place,
and get on with working together to ensure the code works and addresses
all immediate concerns, or otherwise we will miss the 1.0.1 deadline too.

sincerely,
Jan