geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jules Gosnell <ju...@coredevelopers.net>
Subject Clustering: WADI/Geronimo integrations.
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:03:58 GMT
Guys,

Jan and I have just refactored the Geronimo Jetty and Tomcat
integrations to take the same approach to the installation of a 3rd
party session manager, to ease the integration of WADI. This is now
checked in on Geronimo's trunk.

Each top level web container GBean now supports a pair of attributes -
LocalSessionManager and DistributableSessionManager. These may be used
to override the container's choice of SessionManager for webapps with
and without the <distributable/> tag present in the WEB-INF/web.xml,
respectively.

The attributes expect to be given a classname, if required, this class
will be loaded and instantiated. The resulting instance will be used as
the session manager. If not provided, the container will use a sensible
default. Currently Jetty and TC are set up to use their own default
session managers in the local case and the correct WADI session manager
in the distributable case.

This means that the same WADI-enabled webapp, with its plan held
internally (WEB-INF/geronimo-web.xml) may now be hot-deployed on either
a Jetty or a Tomcat based Geronimo, without changes :-)

I will post specific WADI issues to the WADI dev lists
(wadi-dev@incubator.apache.org, dev@wadi.codehaus.org).

This shouldn't be seen as a final position on the subject - there is
still much to talk about, but is a useful interim step, that allows us
to have something working whilst we figure out how to go forward.

Enjoy,

Jules

crystallises out around it."

 * Jules Gosnell