geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: Warning regarding Windows file path lengths with JDK 1.4
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2006 14:41:10 GMT

Can we recommend a maximum path size for Windows when unpacking the zip
and/or installing from the installer?   If so, it might be helpful for
windows users and avoid some unnecessary problems.  We should be able to
come up with a general recommendation for the install location and
applications to be deployed based upon our default structure and names.

We might even be able to incorporate the recommendations via warnings in
our installer and deploy tools when the server is running on windows if
the recommendation is exceeded.

Joe

--
Joe Bohn