geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: 1.0.1 release date?
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2006 21:46:50 GMT
I think we could have done a better job in releasing 1.0 by allowing a week for
testing, a week for incorporation of feedback and follow this process a couple
of times.  Unfortunately we ended up doing that anyway which cost us about 4
weeks and the holiday didn't help.  Based on that experience I think the cut off
  and a named RC release, TCK and bug feedback, cut and put out for another week
and publish if no major gotchas which I think extends your time frame for about
two weeks at the end.  Anything short of that I think were trading quality off
for speediness.