geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianny Damour <gianny.dam...@optusnet.com.au>
Subject Re: Regd OpenEJB
Date Sat, 07 Jan 2006 01:41:56 GMT
Hi Manu,

You are once again correct: let's remove this read-only decorator - this
was a very bad idea - at least if the field is a PK one. This read only
behavior was intended to prevent developers from changing a relationship
to a CMP having a coumpond PK with multiple fields. Indeed, in this
case, if the CMP field is updated, this implies that the relationship is
(partially, as only one field is updated) updated and I am not sure that
it is safe to let such a thing to happen.

Thanks for your work on this,
Gianny