geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Geronimo Installation Document Section
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 00:05:28 GMT
You need to do the fresh-checkout the first time you get the source so
that you get the OpenEJB code (from CVS).  AFAIK, you shouldn't need to
do a fresh-checkout again because an m:update will update both svn and
OpenEJB CVS files.

Not sure why you would need to do a fresh-checkout a second time for the
second round to work.

John

Hernan Cunico wrote:

> On my machine, if I don't do a fresh-checkout the build fails. In fact
> it always fails the first attempt and the second round works as long
> as I do the fresh-checkout.
>
> Any idea why this is happening?
>
> Cheers!
> Hernan
>
> Sachin Patel wrote:
>

>> - sachin
>>

>> On Jan 5, 2006, at 4:16 PM, Hernan Cunico wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Jason,
>>> how is the installation doc coming, do you need any help on the
>>> confluence side?
>>>
>>> I saw what you started to work on the "Getting the source code"
>>> section, I would suggest to keep this task simple. We do not want
>>> to _scare_ the users with way too complicated commands and
>>> parameters, all at once.
>>>
>>> There are basically four steps to get the source and build
>>> Geronimo, so I would focus on those first.
>>>
>>> 1.- svn checkout https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/tags/
>>> 1.0.0/ <geronimo_home>
>>> 2.- cd <geronimo_home>
>>> 3.- maven m:fresh-checkout
>>> 4.- maven new
>>>
>>> Then, the next time you want to build you just do an update
>>>
>>> 1.- cd <geronimo_home>
>>> 2.- maven m:update