geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: jms connection factory lookup from the standalone client
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 00:36:28 GMT

On Jan 24, 2006, at 4:16 PM, Simon wrote:

> This is j2se client (plain java). I thought as well that I can not get
> connection factory from jndi outside container; However active-mq
> website
> (http://www.activemq.org/Geronimo) says it is possible; (Apparently
> they
> connect to the jms server for jndi lookup). But they gloss over the
> name of
> the connection factory, and I could not make it work.

Look further in their documentation.  They have way to set up a local
jndi context that gives you access to the stuff running in the
current jvm.  I'm not sure but this may involve spring.  Asking on
their list will get you better quality information :-)  AFAIK you are
not going to be able to look up an AMQ connection factory remotely
and pull it across the wire.

thanks
david jencks