geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Maven2 Module Structure
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 00:11:01 GMT
Has anyone put any thought into how the exiting trunk should be
restructured to take advantage of Maven2's integrated module support?

I've got some ideas, but wanted to hear what others have been
thinking of before I attempt to propose anything.

I will however suggest that we should... er must reorganize the
trunk.  We should be able to come up with a simple hierarchy to group
logically related components into small and manageable groups.  For
example, if you are working on deployment code, then we should be
able to group all of the related deployment modules into a group, so
you could just build/rebuild those *easily* w/o having to build/
rebuild the entire tree.

I believe that once we have a general plan on how to reorganize the
existing modules, then it should be fairly straight forward to
convert the project to Maven2.

I'd like to hear what you have been thinking of... and if you haven't
yet thunk on it... well now is a good time to start ;-)

--jason