geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Nelson A. Perez" <nelap...@yahoo.com>
Subject Invalid ObjectName Issue
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 17:50:35 GMT

Hi All,

 I get the following error while trying to deploy my
sample application: (Apache Geronimo is running on
another console)

"Error: Unable to distribute mygbean.xml: Invalid
ObjectName:

geronimo.example1.name=Simple GBean

Invalid value; geronimo.example1:name=Simple GBean"

The configuration plan that I am using looks as
follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<configuration

xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment"
    configId="example1/MyGBean"

	<dependency>
        <groupId>samples</groupId>
    	<artifactId>mygbean</artifactId>
    	<version>1.0</version>
	</dependency>

    <gbean name="geronimo.example1:name=Simple GBean"
class="example1.MyGBean" />

</configuration>

and the GBean is just: ( sample taken from Wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/GBeans)

package example1;

import org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanInfo;
import org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanInfoBuilder;

public class MyGBean {

    public static final GBeanInfo GBEAN_INFO;

    static {
        GBeanInfoBuilder infoBuilder = new
GBeanInfoBuilder("MyGBean", MyGBean.class);
        GBEAN_INFO = infoBuilder.getBeanInfo();
    }

    public static GBeanInfo getGBeanInfo() {
        return GBEAN_INFO;
    }
}

My build file is:

<project name="geronimo-mygbean-sample"
default="build">

		<property name="geronimo.home" value=".."/>

		<path id="geronimo.classpath">
			<fileset dir="${geronimo.home}/repository">
				<include name="**/*.jar"/>
			</fileset>
		</path>

		<target  name="init">
				<mkdir dir="build"/>
				<mkdir dir="build/classes"/>
		</target>

		<target name="build" depends="init">
				<javac srcdir="src" destdir="build/classes"
classpath="">
					<classpath refid="geronimo.classpath"/>
				</javac>
				<mkdir
dir="${geronimo.home}/repository/samples/jars"/>
				<jar jarfile="mygbean-1.0.jar"
			 			basedir="build/classes"/>
			 			<copy file="mygbean-1.0.jar"
tofile="${geronimo.home}/repository/samples/jars/mygbean-1.0.jar"/>

		</target>

</project>

This is an example as simple as it can get. I am now
NOT getting the Missing Dependency Exception thanks to
advice from Aaron Mulder on how to specify properly
the URI. Yet, this new issue is preventing me from
running this simple GBean. Any help on this new issue
will be appreciated.

Thanks!
NP.