geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: problem with Geronimo-1.0
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2006 13:07:45 GMT
      Is there a typo in the code snippet you gave us
:
 TransactionManager tm = (TransactionManager)
kernel.getProxyManager().createProxy(gbeanName,
ransactionManager.class);
     The missing "T" in the TransactionManager.class

Thanks
Anita

--- Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu>
wrote:

> Grr, more confidential information footers.  Please
> don't do that to
> public mailing lists!  If your information is
> confidential, don't send
> it to the world, and if it's not confidential,
> please don't assault us
> with the legalese!
>
> Anyway, now that that's off my chest, Geronimo
> cannot (well,
> definitely *should* not) produce an incorrect
> ObjectName out of thin
> air, so you need to figure out where you're getting
> the ObjectName
> containing org/apache/geronimo/Server from.  In the
> code snippet you
> showed, you do a lookup and print all the results,
> but then you try to
> create a proxy using a variable called gbeanName
> (which I suspect is
> what's failing) and you never showed us what that
> variable holds and
> where you got the value in that variable.  Maybe
> it's hardcoded or in
> a config file or something?  You also didn't should
> the output of your
> program where it prints all the matching transaction
> manager names.
> You also didn't give a proper stack trace.  So it's
> real hard to
> troubleshoot from here.  You might want to run it
> under a debugger and
> figure out where the o/a/g/Server is coming from.
>
> If none of this helps you figure out what's going
> on, please post a
> more complete chunk of your code, plus all the
> pertinent output and a
> full stack trace.  Also, please mention what you've
> deployed into the
> server (if anything) other than this application.
>
> Thanks,
>     Aaron
>
> On 1/4/06, Ranjan, Rakesh (Cognizant)
> <Rakesh.Ranjan@cognizant.com> wrote:
> >

> > Hi friends,
> >
> > I am trying to get a reference to Geronimo
> TransactionManager. For this, I have done the
> following things : -
> >
> > a)       Getting a reference to the kernel using
> the KernelRegistry class.
> >
> > b)       Then searching the TransactionManager
> GBean using a pattern.
> >
> > c)       Finally getting the TransactionManager
> reference using the searched Gbean.
> >

> > Here the code snippet :
> >

> > Kernel kernel=KernelRegistry.getSingleKernel();
> >
> > ObjectName gbQuery =

JMXUtil.getObjectName("*:j2eeType=TransactionManager,*");

> > Set gbeanNames = kernel.listGBeans(gbQuery);
> >
> > for (Iterator i = gbeanNames.iterator();
> i.hasNext();) {
> >
> >       ObjectName gbeanName = (ObjectName)
> i.next();
> >
> >       System.out.println(gbeanName1);
> >
> > }
> >
> > TransactionManager tm = (TransactionManager)
> kernel.getProxyManager().createProxy(gbeanName,
> ransactionManager.class);
> >

> > When I am using this with the Geronimo-1.0-M5,
> this is working correctly. But with Geronimo-1.0 ,
> this is not working correctly.
> >

> > With Geronimo-1.0, I am getting the following
> Exception :
> >

> > java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
> >
> >  Could not get GBeanInfo for target object:

geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Server,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=TransactionManager,name=TransactionManager

> > I think kernel.listGBeans() is not working
> correctly in case of Geronimo-1.0. According to the
> above code, the GBean is

geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/Server,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=TransactionManager,name=TransactionManager

> > But as much I know, it should be

geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=geronimo/j2ee-server/1.0/car,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=TransactionManager,name=TransactionManager

> > Can anybody please help me whether there is any
> fault with Geronimo-1.0 or something else.
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > Rakesh Ranjan
> >

> > This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
> for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
> may contain confidential and privileged information.
> >  If you are not the intended recipient, please
> contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all
> copies of the original message.
> >  Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure,
> dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of
> this email or any action taken in reliance on this
> e-mail is strictly
> >  prohibited and may be unlawful.
> >
> >    Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

Just $16.99/mo. or less.