geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <dava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Assistance with ActiveMQ milestone release
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 15:17:31 GMT
Hiram,

Here are some reading material for background reading:
- http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Incubation_Policy.html#Releases
- http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Release+Manager%22+site%3Aapache.org

Also see below

> Hi fellow Geronimoers,
>
> ActiveMQ is planing to do it's first milestone release while it's in
> the incubator.  Since you guys have done this before, I'm hoping you
> guys can recall what the gotchas were and/or have a tips on doing a
> good release.
> I also have some questions:
>   - Can I use the maven jar:deploy mechanism to do the release?

Am not sure, we usually create artifacts and then drop them into
locations on minotaur.apache.org

>   - Do the artifacts need to have the "incubator" in the file name?

See url link above.

>   - I've heard that releases need to be signed, I guess Alan can help
> with that.  But does mean that Alan has to do the release?

Typically the release manager signs the release. You can get yourself
a key too.

>   - Do we have to and how so we use the apache mirrors when we
> advertise that the release is available.

Yes, you do have to use apache mirrors. See
http://www.apache.org/dev/#mirror for more info.