geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Davanum Srinivas <>
Subject Re: Assistance with ActiveMQ milestone release
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2006 15:17:31 GMT

Here are some reading material for background reading:

Also see below

On 1/3/06, Hiram Chirino <> wrote:
> Hi fellow Geronimoers,
> ActiveMQ is planing to do it's first milestone release while it's in
> the incubator.  Since you guys have done this before, I'm hoping you
> guys can recall what the gotchas were and/or have a tips on doing a
> good release.
> I also have some questions:
>   - Can I use the maven jar:deploy mechanism to do the release?

Am not sure, we usually create artifacts and then drop them into
locations on

>   - Do the artifacts need to have the "incubator" in the file name?

See url link above.

>   - I've heard that releases need to be signed, I guess Alan can help
> with that.  But does mean that Alan has to do the release?

Typically the release manager signs the release. You can get yourself
a key too.

>   - Do we have to and how so we use the apache mirrors when we
> advertise that the release is available.

Yes, you do have to use apache mirrors. See for more info.

> I'm sure I'll think of of some more later.
> Thanks,
> Hiram

Davanum Srinivas :

View raw message