geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: offline deployment - status
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 21:32:13 GMT

On Jan 19, 2006, at 12:46 PM, toby cabot wrote:

> I've made some progress on this and it seems to work OK for basic j2ee
> deployments, except for the problem below.  It's not pretty but it
> does what I need for the time being.  If anyone else is interested in
> this I could clean it up and post it to the list, and if anyone's got
> a tip about the problem below I'd be mucho grateful.

I'd really appreciate it if you would open a jira and keep your
progress posted as patches to it.

> On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 02:01:08PM -0500, toby cabot wrote:
>> It's all good until the code reaches the SwitchingModuleBuilder,
>> which
>> is configured by default to deploy to Tomcat, so since I'm using
>> Jetty
>> it fails to find a builder and I get "foo.war is not a war" messages.
>> It looks as if SwitchingModuleBuilder's defaultNamespace is
>> overridden
>> in assemblies/j2ee-jetty-server's config.xml, but I'm not clear on
>> how
>> to override this parameter when I'm in a command-line environment.
>> I'm not even clear on how this gets overridden when the plugin is run
>> in a configs/*-jetty directory.  Pointers appreciated.

I'm not sure I have the whole context here, but basically you should
use the web container specific plan namespaces to point out which
container you want to target.  This is what we do in the configs, so
there is a daytrader-jetty,  a daytrader-tomcat, etc etc etc.  If
this doesn't answer your question right away please explain further :-)

thanks
david jencks