Rather than using the archive format to determine the linebreak convention, I would prefer an explicit build option (build for CR or build for CR/LF). Also, having Windows specific archive(s) might imply that there is more OS-specific behavior than we really have...

All of our previous Milestone distributions have used CR's only, has this posed a problem to Windows users? It hasn't really been a problem for me developing on a Windows platform... I wonder if Geronimo users would be happy with CR-only distributions until we're ready to offer truly integrated Windows-specific behavior...

--kevan