geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Disasterous problem with 2 spec jars
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 09:23:07 GMT
Sachin says that maven 2 uses the eclipse compiler rather than javac
and that judging by its behavior when looking at binary classes in
eclipse it may well be producing these bad class files.  It appears
that all the methods in the "implements" interfaces have been added to
the class.

Presumably the solution is to build with maven 1.

If the eclipse compiler is in fact at fault, I think that this will
prevent us from using maven 2 until either a javac compiler is provided
or the eclipse compiler is fixed.  If the eclipse compiler behavior is
actually according to the jdk spec we may have a different issue.

thanks
david jencks