geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Editable files other than .bat and .sh files and CRs LFs
Date Thu, 01 Dec 2005 15:23:08 GMT
Rather than using the archive format to determine the linebreak convention,
I would prefer an explicit build option (build for CR or build for CR/LF).
Also, having Windows specific archive(s) might imply that there is more
OS-specific behavior than we really have...

All of our previous Milestone distributions have used CR's only, has this
posed a problem to Windows users? It hasn't really been a problem for me
developing on a Windows platform... I wonder if Geronimo users would be
happy with CR-only distributions until we're ready to offer truly integrated
Windows-specific behavior...

--kevan