geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Confluence Setup (was: Re: zones update)
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 22:37:52 GMT
At the time which I recommended to the Infra list to switch from
UseMod to MoinMoin, I did not think that Confluence was going to grow
up as fast as it did... or I would have been more inclined to
recommend Confluence.

But, things change...

And I believe that Confluence is really a much more powerful system
than MoinMoin is and will be for quite some time.

The added niceness of the rich integration with JIRA makes Confluence
an ideal choice for managing rich release notes.

And now with Confluence 2.x there is a RTE so even people who aren't
wiki savvy can easily add to the content.

Oh, and not to mention that it has built in support for "farming"...
aka spaces, and a much richer permission system.

I could go on...

Right now, I think that Geronimo would really benefit from Confluence
to produce and manage user documentation.

I think that Infra might eventually want to move to it for
wiki.apache.org too, but right now I don't think we should push for
that.  We can lead by example.  And when/if they want to switch I can
help them migrate, it should be much easier than the UseMod to
MoinMoin move that was done... um 2 years ago... I forget.

--jason