geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Kresten Krab Thorup (Trifork)" <k...@trifork.com>
Subject Official OSF/IANA charset mapping?
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 16:18:46 GMT
Does someone know if there is an authoritative specification for the
mapping between OSF and IANA charsets?  Right now I have something
that derives from my own experiments, reasonable guesses, and what I
could find in secondary sources on the net.

Trouble is IIOP uses OSF characterset identifiers, and
javax.nio.charset encoders are named by the IANA charset names (as
also used in MIME); and I am using java's own encoders to do the
transformations.  It seems that nowadays it is only CORBA that is
still using the OSF charset names for historical reasons.

Kresten Krab Thorup
krab@trifork.com

"We do not inherit the Earth from our parents, we borrow it from our
children." Saint Exupery