geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppa...@gmail.com>
Subject jsr88 DeploymentStatus messasages same as command line messages?
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 15:18:23 GMT
Aaron,

Do we want to make status messages returned back from the jsr88 commands the
same as the messages returned back from cli deploy?  In particular, the
messages when a command is completed or failed.

For example, in a scenario where I attempt to deploy an app where the app is
already deployed and running, in the cli the message displayed is...

Error: Unable to distribute snoop.war: Module snoop already exists
    in the server.  Try to undeploy it first or use the redeploy
    command.

IIRC, all I get in the jsr88 status message is "Unable to distribute
snoop.war".

Would it be good for client code such as the tools to get rest of the
message appended to the message?

Also, I need to react to different scenarios to recover if errors like this
occur so not only would a specfic message would be good, but it would be
nice if we could have error codes, so I can code against the error codes
rather then the entire message.

Sachin