geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: 1.0 Release Status
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2005 11:04:39 GMT
I fixed the race condition in the day trader initialization, and
committed it to OpenEJB.  The problem was cause by the web
application reveiving the notification that the TradeEJB (or another
one) was started before the ContainerIndex received the
notification.  When the web application attempted to look up the EJB
in the container index it was not available.  I coded around this
problem by having the container index check the kernel directly
before failing the lookup, but we need a more general solution to
address the non-deterministic notification ordering.

-dain