geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajith Attapattu" <rajith.attapa...@redknee.com>
Subject POP3 Implementation done
Date Sun, 11 Dec 2005 18:56:05 GMT

I have completed the POP3 implementation and the patch is attached.
Comments and code reviews are greatly appreciated.

I have done it in a Geronimo independent way so that the code can be
moved out to a sub project in the future by just changing the package
name.

What is done
=============
1. POP3Store, POP3Folder and partial implementation of POP3Message for
JavaMail API

2. All support classes including factories for POP3Command and
POP3Response and a POP3Connection abstraction.

3. Can connect, authenticate with user/pass and retrieve mail.

What needs to be done
======================
1. Complete support for POP3Message, currently not all headers are
parsed and, InetAddress for getRecipients(), getFrom are not working
properly.

I am working on it, and will have something by Monday.

2. SSLSocket support using JSSE, bcos for instance Google POP3 doesn't
work as it runs over SSL.

Is this a priority???

3. Needs more testing with different mail servers. Tested with only my
mail server. I really need help with this !!!!

4. Need to do some code review and more documentation.

5. Unit tests.

For now I have included the pop3 impl inside
geronimo-javamail-transport.
We can either move it to a sub project called geronimo-javamail-store or
we can rename the current project to geronimo-javamail-providers (for
both transports and stores)to be in line with the JavaMail spec.

I like the second option.

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu.