geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajith Attapattu" <rajith.attapa...@redknee.com>
Subject RE: Who wants to write POP and IMAP transports? [status]
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 17:37:36 GMT
>There is an implementation of all of the javamail api classes
(including >support for multipart-MIME messages).  There's very little
done in terms of >protocol-specific implementation classes other than
the SMTPTransport code >that was just promoted out of the sandbox.

Going by what Rick mentioned above, I assume that we do have an
implementation for the Message classes. Or did u refer to the reference
impl from sun??

If the Message implementation is done by Geronimo developers then we can
extend and provide POP3Message and IMAPMessage implementations.

As for the portlet thingy I got it all mixed up :)
I thought the configuration module for the underlying JavaMail
implementation was exposed as a portlet through the console.

But as Bruce mentioned I guess for now we are concentrating more on
getting the JavaMail implementation.

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu.