geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajith Attapattu" <rajith.attapa...@redknee.com>
Subject RE: Who wants to write POP and IMAP transports? [status]
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2005 16:05:28 GMT
Bilal,

They are not dumb questions at all. The only dumb questions are the ones
that are not asked :)

>Is the goal to create a full IMAP client with offline capabilities? If
so
>what local message format is going to be used?
>What are the feature requirements for this thing?

As to the offline capability I would assume we would like to have a full
blown client that supports both online and offline.

I am not sure about the message format though (not an IMAP expert)

Bruce/Dain can u pls comment on this??

>Is this client going to be plugged in as a portlet in the console?

The web config screens for the mail clients are portlet from what I know
(there is something for SMTP). But I do know from looking at the code
that all protocol providers are wrapped and installed as GBeans.

But I am not sure about how GBeans are exposed to the web layer via
portlets (not too familiar)

If somebody can fill me in that would be great.

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu.