geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Rajith Attapattu" <rajith.attapa...@redknee.com>
Subject RE: Who wants to write POP and IMAP transports? [status]
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:17:58 GMT
Sure, Rick and Bilal as volunteered.

I will take care of the POP3 protocol provider implementation.
(more specifically javax.mail.Store and javax.mail.Folder
implementations and support classes for POP3)

Since Rick has already done work on the Message classes maybe he can
help with the protocol specific Message Classes. Can you ???

I think Bruce is looking into IMAP, but he maybe busy with other things.
So Bilal can you dig into IMAP stuff after checking with Bruce.

And there is also the testing part. Any volunteers to test it and
possibly expand on the unit tests??

Also Bruce did mention that, the intention is to move the JavaMail
implementation to a sub project in the future. So maybe it's a good idea
to make it Geronimo independent.
Anyways a separation of concerns is always a plus point.

Regards,

Rajith Attapattu.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dain Sundstrom [mailto:dain@iq80.com]
Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 12:27 PM
To: dev@geronimo.apache.org
Subject: Re: Who wants to write POP and IMAP transports? [status]

I think we should wait until 1.1 to ship this.  Even if we got it
implemented this week, I don't think we will have time for any
serious testing.

As for the timeline and breakdown detailed below, it looks great.
Can you coordinate with the other volunteers?

Thank you for stepping up to the plate on this; I really appreciate it.

-dain